This is a simple text editor for Windows Mobile. It allows you to open text (and other text based) files. Rated 4 out of 5 under MobileTopSoft and FrewarePocketPC downloads. Over 11,500 downloads within a month of its release!
Download Notepad Mobile
Download Notepad Mobile (version 1.6, 24.2 kB, 72686 dowloads)
Simply extract the downloaded file into any directory, preferably
/Program Files, on your Windows Mobile device and run it.
Why use Notepad Mobile?
There are many alternatives of Notepad Mobile. But if you are looking for stable, hassle-free, low on memory usage, fast to load text editor… Notepad Mobile is your answer.
The application has been developed keeping in mind what Microsoft would have done if it designed a Notepad for Mobile. It would also have had been basic, fast to load and pure text editor.
- Open, create and save text files and any other text-based files like HTML files and XML files.
- Supports cut/copy/paste by right-click (tap and hold on text area).
- Advanced and easy-to-use “Find and Replace” feature with in-line highlighting that is robust and works well with large files.
- Fullscreen support. More space for editing text than most other editors.
- Supports zoom-in and zoom-out for better readability or to fit long text.
- Change between fixed-width and variable-width font styles.
- Text input area resizes as-per SIP (virtual keyboard) space and available screen size.
- Supports both vertical and horizontal screen orientation.
- Easily integrates with “open-with” explorer plug-in, “Send-to” feature of gsFinder and with other file explorers.
- It is a standalone executable (no installation required.)
- Extremely light-weight, with least memory consumption and comparatively faster to load.
- Does not “lock” a file while it is being edited.
- Works with .NET Compact Framework 2.0 or above and is compatible with Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5.
- Orientation aware, resolution aware, zero idle-time CPU usage.
Version 1.6.0 – 27th August, 2009
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Compatible
- Support for full-screen display
- Word and character count
- Fixed Bug: Word-Wrap Context-Menu Issue
- About Dialog shows application version.
Version 1.5.0 – 3rd January, 2009
- Added zoom out feature
- Cleaned up Zooming code
Version 1.4.0 – 18th November 2008
- Added “Find and Replace” feature
Version 1.3.0 – 6th November 2008
- Added extra “Edit” menu with “Insert Date” feature
- Remember last used program settings
- Compatibility with open-with and send-to of all explorers
Version 1.2.0 – 4th November 2008
- Added Font Style Changing Capability (Normal / Fixed-width)
- Fixed resize issue upon screen orientation change
Version 1.1.0 – 28th October 2008
- Added zoom support.
- Reduced executable size
- Added more file-type filters in open/save dialogs
Version 1.0.0 – 20th October 2008
- Open/Create/Save text files
- Supports cut/copy/paste by right-click
- Text input area resize as-per SIP (virtual keyboard) space
- It is a standalone executable (no installation required)
- Extremely light-weight and with minimum memory consumption
Do More With Notepad Mobile
If you want to create shortcut of Notepad Mobile in your Windows Mobile Start Menu, you may use the freeware software Shortcut Maker.
For users, who wish to overcome the limitations of Windows Mobile’s native open/save dialog boxes, can install File Dialog Changer.
To associate text (.txt) files or other such files with Notepad Mobile, try using myExtensions.
You may check out this xda-forum post for more information and user testimonials.